One Piece: all events
We have recently revealed TOEI Animation Europe and Anime Factory’s premiere of the greatest Italian One Piece event ever at Lucca Comics & Games 2022. We also announced the presence of the director and master Gorō Taniguchi on Saturday, 29th October at the national premiere of “One Piece Film: Red”. We are now ready to reveal all the incredible initiatives that await us in Lucca from 28th October to 1st November to participate in a unique celebration all together… and maybe break a few records.
“One Piece Film: Red” is breaking every record in 2022: best film from the One Piece franchise, best anime film of 2022, with more than 10,000,000 viewers in Japan and over 1,000,000 viewers in French Europe.
Toei Animation wants to build stronger collaborations with Lucca Comics & Games 2022 in order to give Italian fans the greatest experience to celebrate the true year of One Piece! Exactly like “One Piece Film: Red” - which brings pirates, fans and sailors to the island of Elegia for a great festival - we invite all One Piece fans and cosplayers to come to Lucca, to enjoy the festival with the presence of "One Piece Film: Red" throughout the city and have fun with all the planned activities, made in collaboration with many partners. The Italian film premiere will be enriched by the presence of very special guests: the film director, Gorō Taniguchi, and Animation Director, Masayuki Sato. You can find all the events planned for LC&G 2022 below.
October 28th - To begin our celebrations, don’t miss the special screening for all Crunchyroll partners and friends. You will be able to watch three special One Piece episodes dedicated to Luffy, Uta and Shanks! Details will be available soon.
• After the screening, at 7:30 PM, remember to gather all together in a special location, where you can enjoy a sound and light show: UTA Live from Budokan Night Projection! Details will follow in the coming days.
29th October - Italian premiere of “One Piece Film: Red” at Cinema Astra, Piazza del Giglio. The Italian premiere will be in its original language with subtitles. Gorō Taniguchi (Director), Masayuki Sato (Animation Director and Character Designer), Hiroaki Shibata (Producer). The screening will follow the official red carpet (3 PM), attended by our Japanese guests and part of the Italian cast and celebrated with gadgets and special effects. The cost of the ticket for the premiere is included in the Lucca Comics & Games ticket valid for Saturday, 29th October. Details on how to book the premiere ticket will be announced in the coming days.
30th October - Interview with Gorō Taniguchi at Teatro del Giglio, in parallel with Masayuki Sato’s live drawing session. The time of the event will be announced soon.
• Luffy’s crew, One Piece fans from all over Italy, listen to our songs and gather in front of Luffy's Balloon, guardian of the city walls of Lucca! We need your help and your voice for the greatest One Piece karaoke of all time! The event will be hosted by the amazing Emanuella Pacotto, aka NAMI! A musical parade (starting at 14:30 PM) will then take you back to the One Piece stand.
• Autograph signing by Gorō Taniguchi and Masayuki Sato at the “One Piece Film: Red” stand (for a 45-minute long session). Autographs will be signed on a special shikishi prepared by Toei Animation on a drawing by Masayuki Sato. The time of the event will be announced soon.
Here's the list of all the events and activities that every fan will be able to enjoy during the days of the Festival.
- Photo booth at the “One Piece Film: Red” stand and on the city walls.
- Treasure hunt “One Piece Film: Red” x Lucca Comics & Games (read below).
- Find the hidden characters - Where are Luffy, Uta and Shanks? An additional treasure hunt in 3 secret locations within the city (read below).
- Spot the pirates (and tag One Piece on your social media)! Find and choose your favorite “One Piece Film: Red” character among 38 lampposts (read below).
- Exclusive merchandise shop – Inside of the “One Piece Film: Red” stand, you will find a shop with special and exclusive merchandise directly from Toei Animation, along with a selection of products from our partners, among which Bandai, Funko, Abysse Style, Clementoni, Panini and others.
- Challenge the pirates! Come and play with the One Piece characters to win our lottery tickets! Exclusively inside the “One Piece Film: Red” stand.
- Lottery – Take part in the lottery at the “One Piece Film: Red” stand to win many prizes!
- Watch exclusive videos about “One Piece Film: Red”, Uta, Ado and interviews with Gorō Taniguchi and Masayuki Sato on the new blockbuster movie! Exclusively inside the “One Piece Film: Red” stand.
- Treasure hunt“One Piece Film: Red” x Lucca Comics & Games
- Every day, fans will receive a Lucca Comics & Games map branded “One Piece Film: Red” x Lucca Comics & Games 2022.
- On the map, every stand of the participating One Piece partners will be marked as one of the Straw Hat Crew and a special guest.
- Fans will have to visit each participating stand to receive a stamp on the map.
- Once the hunt is over, fans will need their Instagram account to post a picture of the film poster located at the “One Piece Film: Red” stand to receive an exclusive redemption.
- Redemptions will vary depending on the number of stands and stamps collected.
Those who complete the treasure hunt will receive an exclusive “One Piece Film: Red” x Lucca Comics & Games gadget. In addition, they will always take part in the daily extraction of 3 mega bags, which will contain One Piece products worth more than €300. Along with the map, all participants will receive a cardbox straw hat to wear. The maps and the hats will be distributed next to the “One Piece Film: Red” stand and at the stands of One Piece partners in the Japan area.
- Find the hidden characters
- Uta, Shanks and Luffy are hidden inside the city walls of Lucca!
- We know where they are but we won't tell you!
- Find the secret lair of the three protagonists of “One Piece Film: Red.”
- If you find them, take a picture and post it on your Instagram stories tagging One Piece. If you find all three of them, a very special prize will be waiting for you at the “One Piece Film: Red” stand.
- Spot the pirates
- Besides the treasure hunt map, another map representing 38 (T-H-I-R-T-Y E-I-G-H-T) “One Piece Film: Red” characters will be distributed.
- Spot the pirates: they are literally everywhere in the city of Lucca! 38 banners, one for each character, will be hung to 38 lampposts within the city walls.
- Take a picture and mark on the map those you see. If you find all of them, go to the One Piece stand and ask for your prize!
- In any case, take a picture of your favourite pirate and post it online using the One Piece hashtags!